The Londoner’s Slutty Brownies have inspired my latest creation: Midnight Madness Brownies. These take chocolate and decadence to a whole new level! Since I’m making these on a Monday to share at my monthly Social Studies Department Meeting tomorrow (meetings are always better with chocolate), I am taking the store-bought short-cuts on cookie mix and brownie mix. If I were concocting these on a weekend, I would probably make scratch versions of the cookie layer and brownie layer.
Here’s what you’ll need to create these delightfully delicious brownies:
- 1 box/bag of Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (or make your favorite homemade recipe)
- 1 box of Brownie Mix (or make your favorite homemade recipe)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 stick of softened butter (I used unsalted butter)
- 1 bag of Milky Way Midnight Minis
- Cooking Spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your pan with parchment paper. I used a 9 x 13 pan this time. Spray the sides not covered by parchment paper with cooking spray to help the brownies slide out when you’re ready to cut.
- Mix the cookie mix according to package directions. You will want to add an extra teaspoon each of oil and water than what is in the directions to keep this layer moist while baking. Spread the cookie dough on the bottom of the pan – the dough will be a bit sticky. Helpful hint: Keep the sides of your parchment paper long and clip to the side of the pan as I did. It keeps the paper from sliding and makes spreading so much easier!!
- Unwrap and place your Milky Way Midnights on top of the cookie dough layer. This is the most tedious part because you need to unwrap each candy and it takes almost the entire bag to make this layer.
- Mix your brownies according to package directions. Tip: Crack your egg into a smaller bowl instead of the bowl with your ingredients. It is much better to throw out 1 bad egg instead of an entire bowl of ingredients!
- Pour your brownie batter over the Milky Way Midnight layer and make sure to cover completely.
- Put pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes. Grab sides of parchment paper and slide the brownies out of the pan. It is much easier to cut these when they are not in a high-sided pan.
- Cut into whatever size bars you desire and enjoy!
These brownies are truly decadent and marvelous! Even when they are cooled, they are gooey with melted chocolate and caramel in them. I enjoyed my brownie with a glass of milk, although a scoop of vanilla ice cream would be just as wonderful…
I hope that you try these brownies and enjoy them as much as I do!